Come and join our lovely team!
We are looking to hire a part time Parish Administrator.
Here are the details:
JOB VACANCY - PARISH ADMINISTRATOR AT ST MICHAEL’S ELMWOOD RD CHURCH W4 3DZ
We are a broad friendly Church, with both a modern outlook and traditional Christian values. We have two Sunday services: Holy Communion with traditional worship at 9:30 and Holy Communion with contemporary worship at 11:00. On first Sundays we have Evening Praise at 18:00.
HOURS TO BE WORKED
9am-1pm on two weekday mornings from the church
1. Manage email, post and phone messages and respond to/refer as appropriate
2. Maintain accurate records and cloud-based filing system
3. Maintain accurate Parish Calendars
4. Update the time critical aspects of the parish website
5. Produce, and print as necessary, the weekly pew sheet, weekly screen notices and other material
6. Arrange access to church and Centre
7. Process the Big Silence monies and records
8. Help the Churchwardens to produce Annual Returns to the Diocese and Charity Commissioners
9. Help with data collection, management and compliance with GDPR
10. Other administrative tasks, as required
• A practising member of the Church of England or of any other mainstream Christian Church • A friendly, patient, trustworthy, reliable and efficient person, who is able to deal with all kinds of people in a consistent and courteous manner • Someone who is able to work unsupervised and be left to get on with tasks, sometimes under pressure and to a deadline • Applicants must be competent typists with relevant IT skills including a good knowledge of and ability to work with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Dropbox/Google Drive. • It would be helpful if the applicant has experience with setting up and maintaining Databases
OTHER ASPECTS TO NOTE
• Need to maintain confidentiality at all times • Need to be aware of and act in accordance with appropriate Child Protection policies, Health and Safety policies, Equal Opportunities policies and Data Protection legislation and procedures • Administrator would report to the Vicar
• £12 per hour
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including a CV and two referees by 30 April 2018